Las Vegas Police Investigate Possible Terrorist Attack After Man Plows Into Electric Substation (VIDEO)

Video of suspect driving into substation via Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department

 

Authorities are investigating a possible terrorist attack in Nevada.

Las Vegas police have reported they are investigating a possible terror attack after a man drove his vehicle into a power station in Boulder City, Nevada.

Sheriff Kevin McMahill, during a press conference, shared that a 23-year-old suspect who was previously reported missing in New York drove across the country and crashed his vehicle into a secure gate at the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power facility.

McMahill told the room full of reporters that they obtained multiple books related to extremist ideologies as well as explosive materials during their investigation of the suspect.

KTNV reported the suspect has been identified as 23-year-old Dawson Maloney of Albany, New York.

The outlet further reported that Maloney, following the crash, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

WATCH:

Las Vegas Authorities Release Video of 23-year-old Dawson Maloney of Albany driving into an electrical substation in Boulder City, Nevada in what authorities believe is a possible terrorist attack pic.twitter.com/9OCmpqOFOm

— The Triune Times (@TriuneTimes) February 20, 2026

Per CNN:

A driver is dead after he rammed a vehicle through the gate of a power substation in Boulder City, Nevada, on Thursday in what authorities are investigating as a terrorism-related event, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The driver, who was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, has been identified as 23-year-old Dawson Maloney of Albany, New York, Sheriff Kevin McMahill said during a news conference on Friday.

McMahill said the suspect had recently been reported missing out of New York and had communicated with family members before the incident, making statements referencing self-harm and suggesting he intended to commit an act that would put him “on the news,” including a message to his mother in which he referred to himself as a “dead terrorist son” and said he felt obligated to carry out the attack.

Other items discovered in Maloney’s vehicle were flamethrowers and an AR-style pistol.

Tim Shay, the chief of the Boulder City Police Department, stated that there was no significant damage to the power station and that no services were disrupted.

Watch the full briefing:

The post Las Vegas Police Investigate Possible Terrorist Attack After Man Plows Into Electric Substation (VIDEO) appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.