Former CNN Host Jim Acosta Calls for Media to Take ‘Collective Action’ Against Trump (VIDEO)

Former CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta urged mainstream media outlets to band together in “collective action” against President Donald Trump’s insults towards journalists.

Acosta made the call to action on the network formerly known as MSNBC, now known as “MS NOW,” on Saturday morning.

The disgraced pundit’s comments came in response to an incident earlier this month where Trump told Bloomberg reporter Catherine Lucey to be “quiet, piggy” during a press event, after she pressed him on questions related to Jeffrey Epstein’s files.

Acosta described the remark as “disgusting” and argued that if a boss spoke to a female employee that way in any other workplace, they would be fired. The reporter, of course, does not work for the president.

“Other folks in the press in the room should speak up in that moment and say, ‘Mr. President, that is not appropriate,’” Acosta said. “And, you know, double down on the questions that were asked. ‘Why didn’t you answer that question? Why are you resorting to personal attacks? Why can’t you take the heat? What’s going on here?’”

“I think the only solution to all of this is collective action,” he added.

Acosta suggested that major newspapers and networks send a formal letter to White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt, warning that if Trump doesn’t stop mocking journalists, they would boycott Oval Office press events and travel on Air Force One, leaving coverage to outlets like Fox News until he “cleans up [his] act.”

Jim Acosta: Leftwing media should threaten to not show up to Trump’s press avails anymore “until you clean up your act.”

Great idea. Do it. Please. pic.twitter.com/oqtQIG5vGZ

— Western Lensman (@WesternLensman) November 29, 2025

“You can have Fox and all these other sycophantic outlets covering you, but we’re just not going to do it. We’re going to take a break for a while until you clean up your act,” Acosta suggested outlets tell the White House.

Acosta has a long history of openly hating and clashing with President Trump.

One of the most notorious incidents occurred in November 2018, during a post-midterm election press conference. Acosta pressed Trump on his characterization of a migrant caravan from Latin America as an “invasion,” leading to a heated exchange.

Trump repeatedly told Acosta to sit down and relinquish the microphone, calling him a “rude, terrible person” and accusing him of treating Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders poorly.

The White House later suspended Acosta’s press credentials, citing his alleged physical contact with an intern trying to take the mic.

Trump, at the time, told Acosta, “CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them.”

Following Acosta’s January announcement that he was leaving CNN, Trump took to Truth Social to mock him, calling him a “major loser who will fail no matter where he ends up.”

The post Former CNN Host Jim Acosta Calls for Media to Take ‘Collective Action’ Against Trump (VIDEO) appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.